Sunday, November 21, 2010

Topping it Off!



Now that we have a royal engagement, hats may (I hope) come back into fashion. I have often wondered why British women love hats, and we women in America have shunned them for decades.  Recently I have come across a new take on an old theme among the Brits--fascinators! I see them at weddings, worn by mothers-of-the-brides as well as chic women in their 20's. These are something of a cross  between a
traditional hat and a headband (think Hillary Clinton in the early  90s). They have the decorations (feathers, flowers and what not) without the body of the "hat" of the large brim. It is a clever device, and I am sure they are much less expensive than their full bodied cousins. I suppose another benefit is that the ladies do not suffer from "hat head."  I do hope that other brides and guests, from beyond the "British Empire," will consider these outstanding accessories!  As one who would love to see hats come back into favor, I can only quote the Brits: Brilliant!   p.s. The slideshow includes some favorite fascinators from "my" weddings.

1 comment:

  1. Mudiraj brides and grooms discover your life partner on Matchfinder's Mudiraj matrimonial

    ReplyDelete